Monday, February 13, 2012

Little Moments

4 pregnancy losses, 2 surgeries and 1 appendicitis all in less than a year!

Negative experiences have the ability to overshadow many special moments in life.  I never imagined the sadness or grief - things nobody can prepare for.  But I also never imagined I would fall in love with Andy, that we would get married or that we would grow so much in such a short time.

For some reason February has always been "our month."  Although neither of us were ready for a relationship we went on a date in February 2010.  A year later we were randomly reconnected.  It took less than a week before we were spending every day together.  February 15 is our "reunion" date - I suppose an anniversary of sorts for our unconventional relationship.

Andy made me smile.  He made me laugh and feel good about myself.  Although things moved extremely quickly it felt natural and I never doubted my feelings.  Dancing in my living room at 4am is the first time I can remember knowing that I really liked him.  It's those moments along with the many since that need to be remembered and cherished.

I've always believed in the little things - moments that have the power to change everything even if only for a short time.  Moments like when he holds my hand during a movie or kisses me while we're grocery shopping.  It's those moments that remind me that no matter what life throws at us we will prevail - not just survive or "get through it" but stay strong and embrace each moment we have together.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

1 comment:

  1. Remembering the small things sometimes makes all the bad things seem not so bad.

    ReplyDelete