Monday, March 12, 2012

One Step Closer

Trisomy Awareness
The last 10 days has been a struggle.  A struggle to maintain calmness and accept the unknown.  A struggle with sleepless nights where my mind wandered and highlighted my fears.

And yet while struggling I have found inner peace on a few levels.  As I write this I am anxiously awaiting the final "Clomid Challenge" FSH blood results so perhaps my words will be sung too soon but I am confident.

These tests fit neatly into the 10 days before our much needed vacation.  Although my confidence has been tested I have gained answers that allow me to sleep more peacefully.   I have by no means perfected the "wait period" but it has certainly become easier.  My emotions have leveled out and I am beginning to feel more comfortable about this path - however crazy it may be!

Clomid which usually has horrible side effects was amazing!  I felt more "hormonally normal" than ever!  I was more patient, less agitated and less anxious.  My doctor assured me this is not a normal response but only time will tell.  :)  My HSG, although extremely painful, went great.  Now that ALL fertility testing is done we are ONE STEP CLOSER to Baby High!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment