Friday, April 13, 2012

Hello Nausea

Each of my pregnancies has started the same: exhaustion, hormone dreams and sore boobs.  Usually these symptoms begin to fade by week 6.  This pregnancy started the same only earlier than in the past.

I actually knew I would be pregnant on St. Patrick's Day when I felt my eggs drop - an experience many women do not pay attention to and miss.  In March it wasn't the same small cramping - it was intense and on both sides.  The pregnancy symptoms began to show shortly after this phenomena.

The exhaustion, hormone dreams and sore breasts are STILL strong and this past week I was introduced to a new symptom: nausea.  The nausea has NOT been what pregnancy books say it will be.  It is not cured by saltines, eating before bed, drinking more water or anything else.  It is STRONG, overwhelming and all consuming.  Luckily I have had the past week off because I've spent almost all of it either in bed or on the couch.

Today I'm 5w6d - based on my pregnancy book that means my little bun already has a functioning liver, noticeable limbs, heart and is currently forming it's mouth, jaw and esophagus.  It's heart should start beating any time now.  When I read these things the nausea seems WORTH IT!

Each night before bed I document the symptoms of the day.  Each morning I make a mental check: hormone dream? check. sore chest? check. nauseous? check.  These symptoms remind me that my little bun is growing and hopefully with no complications!  My fingers are crossed for Monday which cannot come soon enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment